Shop Talk is written by OM senior editor Dayanti Karunaratne and Sarah Fischer, OM account executive and fashion maven.
It’s that time of year again — no, not back-to-school, though we are enjoying the onslaught of co-eds and their interpretations of fall trends. No, we’re talking about the annual release of Ottawa Magazine’s Shopping, a guide book that has been referred to as a sort of bible for local businesses. Shopping hits newsstands Sept. 13
We’re particularly excited about this fourth edition of Shopping because of its focus on the city’s tastemakers. Last year, we talked to three fashion bloggers ab0ut their style; this year, we take it a step further with 10 pages of interviews (and images courtesy of Rémi Thériault), giving readers a glimpse into some seriously fashionable closets.
You’ll have to buy the guide to find out who we’re talking about, but we’ll tell you that we have a young stylist who speaks four languages; a career model with a taste for teacups; a DJ who also heads up a development company; a chic business owner with a passion for lace; and a couple of uber-stylish jet setters.
Also in this year’s edition of Shopping:
- a local lookbook of ways to wear international trends
- full page photo spreads on three local business
- the Artful Blogger on where to buy fine art for your walls
- beautiful bouquets for your wedding day
- insider tips on 219 of the city’s top shops
- product features, with art by award-winning photog Chris Lalonde